A fortune 100 food manufacturing
company seek a maintenance supervisor for their facility located in
the southwest. Position will have responsibility for the facilities processing and packaging systems and will directly supervise 15 mechanics and technicians.
The incumbent will manage projects involving processing,packaging,
refrigeration, and utility equipment installations and upgrades. Will
expertise to the plant in the engineering and technical fields. Strong
project management skills and ability to organize many projects and priorities is required. Will be expected to keep abreast of latest equipment and technology in the areas of food plant refrigeration, food manufacturing, and packaging. BS in Engineering, and at least two years maintenance
supervision or project management experience. This position requires
strong leadership ability and good administrative and communication
skills. Ideal candidate will have food manufacturing experience, knowledge and experience in the areas of electrical controls, robotics, refrigeration systems, capital management, and development
of human resources in the maintenance and technical fields. BS in Engineering, and at least two years maintenance supervision or project management
experience. This position requires strong leadership ability and good
administrative and communication skills. Ideal candidate will have
food manufacturing experience, knowledge and experience in the areas
controls, robotics, refrigeration systems, capital management, and development of human resources in the maintenance and technical fields.
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of plant facilities and equipment maintenance,
to support the production of quality products in an efficient and profitable
manner. Volume responsibility for less than 25MM cases. Responsible for
maintaining equipment in a production facility through the supervision
of mechanics and electricians.
Manage and implement changes to ensure continuous improvement Define and analyze production, for investigating root causes and for appropriate
corrective action; recommending and instituting programs that will
improve efficiency and reduce costs, while improving quality Responsible
for interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems Ensure that
all maintenance personnel are properly trained and aware of potential
safety and /or health risks. This includes compliance with OSHA requirements and GMP Recommend measures to improve maintenance methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product Work with suppliers to ensure availability
of services commensurate with minimal service interruptions Study production
schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job
assignments Ensure that all outside contractors comply with company
policies and procedures Confer
with other managers to coordinate activities of individual
Candidate must possess 4 to 5 successful years in managing a Maintenance
Department Ability to provide vision and leadership to the Maintenance
Department Hands on manager who can operate with limited direction
Possess a strong understanding of budget managing Ability to accomplish
budgeted financial objectives High School Diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge of MAXIMO is preferred Knowledge of SAP is preferred Participates
as a positive team member is mandatory.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing
maintenance activities to ensure manufacturing, warehousing, and utilities
operate efficiently and in compliance with FDA requirements. Key areas
of support will be Manufacturing and Warehousing.
Work hours are First shift, 4 10-hour work days Mondays – Thursdays (6:30 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m.)
- Supervises Plant Maintenance Mechanics with the goal of providing quality
maintenance services, including maintaining, calibrating, and repairing
manufacturing, warehousing and site utilities.
- Develop and monitor a performance plan for Plant Maintenance Mechanics.
- Frequently communicates with Reliability Planners/Schedulers, Operations
Supervision and Maintenance Supervision to schedule equipment for preventative
maintenance/ repairs, as well as expedites and provides updates on equipment
- Supervises Site Maintenance activities to ensure compliance with FDA,
Site standards, policies and SOP's, as well as maintains systems and facilities to ensure a safe, healthy work environment in compliance with
this company's Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensures efficient use of materials, manpower, and equipment while minimizing
equipment downtime. Works with Operations Supervision, Reliability Planner/Schedulers, and Maintenance Mechanics to identify opportunities to improve production
- Administers and develops assigned personnel by promoting good management/labor
relations, ensuring direct reports understand and follow company and department policies, and by providing opportunities for each direct report
to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
- Must be flexible in responding to emergencies or changes to assignments and is eager to tackle new or unusual situations. Capable of handling and prioritizing many assignments.
- Must be able to work other shifts when coverage is needed and provide
on-call coverage for weekends/holidays, when assigned.
- Knowledge and use of SAP for managing work orders and preventative
- Utilizes computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP) for prioritizing and assigning work direction, as well as establishing overtime/weekend
- Education: Bachelor's degree. Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience: Engineering degree or a minimum of 3 years maintenance
experience in a production facility. Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, knowledge of
SAP RM INST/MAT a plus).
* Directs and controls all maintenance functions for 350
person foundry operation and Tool crib.
* Directly and /or indirectly supervises: 2 Team Leaders, 9 Supervisors, and 54 Hourly Employees
* Controls coordination with home office purchasing department for spare parts
stocked in the tool crib.
* Ensures all plant equipment and maintenance procedures are in compliance
with applicable federal and state OSHA regulations.
* Oversees all preventative maintenance functions and prepares annual budgets
for all maintenance functions.
* Works with plant engineering personnel on engineering projects.
* Oversees the maintenance of all required records and documents.
* Reviews all human resource documents relative to maintenance: Employee evaluations,
job profiles, and disciplinary
* BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with background
in induction melting furnaces, high voltage power distribution, other
* Working knowledge of various foundry equipment to include: Hunter and Disa
(Mark V) molding equipment, B&P and Hartley sand systems, Casting handling systems, Dust collection systems
(Pulse bag house systems), Casting cleaning systems (Wheelabrator shotblast),
Induction furnaces (Line and medium frequency, core and coreless), and Ajax, Inductotherm and Brown - Boveri.
* Working knowledge of High / low voltage distribution systems, electrical
distribution systems from the electrical power company to RMP transformers,
Dissolve gasses analysis using infrared scans, Relay logic, PLC controls, and motor controls.
* Working knowledge of National Electrical Codes (NEC)
Salary: $80,000 - 100,000
This is an off-shift position and has 24/7 on-call responsibility. We
recognize that an effective preventive maintenance program is
critical to achieving maximum flow of product. This position is
responsible for maintenance supervision of the second shift, and reports to the Maintenance Manager. You will perform maintenance and supervise maintenance personnel to maintain maximum facility and equipment
Responsibility for maintenance of mechanical, electrical,
electronic and computer equipment as necessary and as directed by the
Maintenance Manager. These include high-tech sortation / automated
laser scanners, Automated Control Systems and Software, materials
handling equipment, HVAC, welding equipment, rolling stock, security
systems, plant infrastructure, as well as building and grounds
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary based on your
experience and a generous bonus plan.
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
* AD&D insurance
* Matching 401(k)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Paid vacation
* Fun, values-centered work environment
An equal opportunity employer.
High level of competency in mechanical, electrical, and electronics.
* 3-5 years maintenance supervisory experience
* Knowledge of OSHA, DEA, FDA regulations
* Experience with Warehouse Management System or similar systems
* HVAC maintenance experience
* Plumbing maintenance experience
* Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance experience
* Lift equipment maintenance experience
* Conveyor systems experience
Bachelors Degree in Engineering and 3-5 years experience or equivalent
work related experience.
If you are a values-centered maintenance professional apply now
by sending your resume with salary history and requirements.